Friday, May 23, 2008
at
8:43 PM
|
I don't have any pictures to show for this one...I guess we were having so much fun that we forgot to take any! I am now officially 28 and it feels good and quite normal so far. I had an awesome day. One of the best birthdays yet I must say. I woke up that morning thinking it would be a pretty normal day. I planned on doing some grocery shopping, working, cleaning up our place, doing the routine with Boedy, and then all go out to dinner as a family that night to celebrate. Well, tricky Toby- he really knows how to keep secrets, especially from me. Boedy woke us up at the crack of dawn and as I got ready to slowly roll out of bed, Toby insisted that he would go get him. Nothing too different so far- but then he brought Boedy in and they revealed their first great surprise to me- Toby had taken the whole day off! Wow, I was happily shocked since Toby is SUCH a hard worker- I wouldn't have even guessed he would do something like that. Well, that just made my day right there, and then Toby told me he had the whole day planned out and that I would find out what we were doing as the day unfolded. This made me even more excited since I LOVE surprises! So, first I had some free time. While Toby watched Boedy, I went for a nice long run outside by myself- something that I haven't done in a long time. It felt good to not have to push the stroller for once. After I had showered and gotten ready for the day, we all got in the car and drove to my surprise destination. Toby and Boedy dropped me off at a Massage Clinic to get a 1 hour massage! Wow! I've never gotten a REAL massage, so it was awesome. Although, I do have to say that the massuse (spelling?) was a little quirkey, but who cares, it felt great! Then the boys picked me up and we went out to lunch at a Japanese steakhouse where I got my own roll of sushi- yes! My birthday is not a birthday without sushi. This was really a nice gesture from Toby because he absolutely does not like sushi, let alone will even try it. Luckily there was other food of course. I opened 2 presents at lunch- both from Boedy. One was a box of cereal- Apple Jacks (giving cereal for a present is a Fisher family tradition) and the other gift was a blown up picture of Boedy. I had a total mommy moment when I opened the second gift- seeing the picture of Boedy made me cry. I don't even know why I cried- I think I just realized how much I really love my little boy.
After lunch we just hung out at home for a bit and let Boedy get a much needed nap. THat night, Toby had arranged for a couple in our ward to watch Boedy so that we could go out on a date. SCORE- another BIG point for my husband! I was SO excited. Not that I would've minded taking Boedy along to dinner- but to actually get to eat dinner slowly and not juggle a whiney Baby the whole time while making brief blurps of conversation with Toby while shove food in my mouth to hurry and just get out of there as quick as possible- well you know. So, Toby told me to get a little dressed up (SCORE AGAIN!) and then we dropped Boedy off and headed to downtown Seattle. I was super excited because I had secertly been hoping to go out to eat in downtown Seattle for my birthday, but I just didn't know how it would work with Boedy. We went to a really nice Italian restaurant called Toriani. It was AMAZING. Very first class....one of those restaurants where there is actually a wine available for $350 (WHO in the WORLD would order that?! Good think we don't drink wine!) They knew it was my birthday, so they had made me a really cute placecard that said "Happy Birthday" that was sitting on our table when we got there. The food was amazing and we had SO much of it! We shared an anitpasto apetizer, and I had a goat cheese and hazelnut salad, then scallops with angel hair pasta (YUM!). For dessert, they surprised me with a chocolate mousse wrapped in a hard chocolate shell with a goat cheese and raspberry cream sauce on top- it was divine. Plus, they had written Happy Birthday in chocolate on the plate. It was beautiful. Toby ordered flamed Profiteroles for dessert. They did the flame part right in front of us, so that was pretty neat. Just when I thought I had experienced one of the best b-days in my life, Toby told me he had one more present for me. He took out his cell phone and showed me a picture of a treadmill on it! Yes! I got a treadmill! It was delievered the next day. Yahoo! How in the world did I talk my husband into talking himself into getting me another very large piece of equipment (if you want to call our 1950's upright piano equipment)for our little apartment?! I was SO excited, especially since I felt after this day that I had gained 28 pounds! Now I can definitely run rain or shine. Excellent. It was quite the day and it will go down in Leah Jack Birthday History. Thanks Toby and Boedy for such a magnificent day. Yes Toby, you are good for another five years or so.
After lunch we just hung out at home for a bit and let Boedy get a much needed nap. THat night, Toby had arranged for a couple in our ward to watch Boedy so that we could go out on a date. SCORE- another BIG point for my husband! I was SO excited. Not that I would've minded taking Boedy along to dinner- but to actually get to eat dinner slowly and not juggle a whiney Baby the whole time while making brief blurps of conversation with Toby while shove food in my mouth to hurry and just get out of there as quick as possible- well you know. So, Toby told me to get a little dressed up (SCORE AGAIN!) and then we dropped Boedy off and headed to downtown Seattle. I was super excited because I had secertly been hoping to go out to eat in downtown Seattle for my birthday, but I just didn't know how it would work with Boedy. We went to a really nice Italian restaurant called Toriani. It was AMAZING. Very first class....one of those restaurants where there is actually a wine available for $350 (WHO in the WORLD would order that?! Good think we don't drink wine!) They knew it was my birthday, so they had made me a really cute placecard that said "Happy Birthday" that was sitting on our table when we got there. The food was amazing and we had SO much of it! We shared an anitpasto apetizer, and I had a goat cheese and hazelnut salad, then scallops with angel hair pasta (YUM!). For dessert, they surprised me with a chocolate mousse wrapped in a hard chocolate shell with a goat cheese and raspberry cream sauce on top- it was divine. Plus, they had written Happy Birthday in chocolate on the plate. It was beautiful. Toby ordered flamed Profiteroles for dessert. They did the flame part right in front of us, so that was pretty neat. Just when I thought I had experienced one of the best b-days in my life, Toby told me he had one more present for me. He took out his cell phone and showed me a picture of a treadmill on it! Yes! I got a treadmill! It was delievered the next day. Yahoo! How in the world did I talk my husband into talking himself into getting me another very large piece of equipment (if you want to call our 1950's upright piano equipment)for our little apartment?! I was SO excited, especially since I felt after this day that I had gained 28 pounds! Now I can definitely run rain or shine. Excellent. It was quite the day and it will go down in Leah Jack Birthday History. Thanks Toby and Boedy for such a magnificent day. Yes Toby, you are good for another five years or so.
Posted by
leah
6 comments:
Holy Freaking Cow! What an amazing Birthday!
YAY! Happy Birthday Leah! Glad your husband takes such good care of you!
that WAS a great birthday. how fun for you--and your food at that restaurant sounded amazing. it's good to hear that you're so happy.
Whoah! Toby has far surpassed my expectations for husband-birthday-bashing. Nicely done! Who SAYS you can't have romance after babies?!
(BTW, We have the same cereal-giving tradition...maybe it came from G-ma & G-pa T. Perhaps you can go all Gwyneth Paltrow & name your next child "Apple" to honor such tradition.)
It sounds like you had a wonderful birthday Leah! Toby sounds pretty amazing. Also, I had no idea you were this on top of your blogging. I had lots of catching up to do.
hi leah, your birthday sounded awesome. Brian will surprise me sometimes,a nd the boys love to talk about their surprises. I just found your blog from reading the Evertsen blog. mine is brianmainsfamily.blogspot.com
christine from Carlisle
Post a Comment