Sunday, July 26, 2009 at 9:25 PM |  
Anyone opting for one of these kinds of vacations these days. We had planned to head out to CA but when the airlines decided not to cooperate with our budget, we decided to do a Staycation instead. We did lots of little fun things around the Seattle area. Here are a few pictures/videos of some of the things we did: the hike we did in Mt. Baker National park, a canoe trip around lake Washington, and then our 2nd trip to Alkai Beach (no San Diego beach, but it did the trick this summer...plus we got to crash the art fair going on that day at the beach- A+ in my book!). Boedy was a great vactioner all week- his energy never let up, which has left us pretty much exhausted and in need of another vacation soon. Maybe another staycation? Not until October when Toby's busy season is done! Ugh! PS- I know, all of my pictures are out of order according to my commentary, but you can all figure it out, right?








Posted by leah

7 comments:

Ms. Bananie said...

Uh-oh. Your pictures look way to pretty & super fun! (I've always thought CA was the place to be...but...um...you're starting to sway me! Yikes!)
Glad you had a fun staycation. We may be trying one of those pretty soon. ; )

July 27, 2009 at 2:15 PM  
Endless Days and Northern Nights said...

Cool! That looks like a really fun hike! Where is it exactly? How did Boedy do canoeing? I love all the little videos of him. Such a cutie! I'm glad you were able to do some fun things but I'm super sad you didn't get to go HOME!

July 28, 2009 at 12:52 PM  
jamie said...

you guys are great for doing so many exciting things! we might have to copy you on a few of them.

July 29, 2009 at 2:24 PM  
April said...

I know that I live in Hawaii...but the grass is alawys greener on the other side. It's so beautiful there! I miss the smell of pine trees :) I can't wait to take Edison on hikes through the woods. How fun!Bummer you couldn't make it to San Diego :(

August 4, 2009 at 12:33 AM  
KatieB said...

those trees are so amazing!!!

August 8, 2009 at 5:50 AM  
Layla said...

You should visit golden gardens for some semi like cali beach action.

August 22, 2009 at 11:04 PM  
Jen's Life said...

It looks like you all had such a great time! Boedy is so cute. I love his faces.

August 29, 2009 at 9:23 PM