Thursday, May 27, 2010
at
3:46 PM
|
It has been 5 weeks since Gavin arrived and these are the first posted pictures. Sorry everyone- this first month has been a little busy and exhausting. I'm still trying to get the balance and routine down between 2 kids. I'm also in the middle of potty training Boedy, so my hands have been a little occupied. This morning was a typical morning- Wake up exhausted, feed Gavin, hold & burp & soothe & play with Gavin while Boedy finishes breakfast, make a bowl of oatmeal, put Gavin down for a nap, put Boedy in his big boy pants, reheat bowl of oatmeal, Gavin starts wailing in his crib, gulp down oatmeal, check on Gavin, change into workout clothes, get Boedy a snack, jog for 20 min. on treadmill (can't stand the flab any longer),get Boedy another snack (apparently this kid is either not getting a big enough breakfast or is a bottomless pit), Gavin is crying again, check his diaper and soothe him back to sleep, get ready to take a shower,Boedy pees on carpet, clean up pee & change Boedy's pants & start the laundry, go upstairs to start the shower again, Gavin wakes up early from nap hungry, jump in shower anyway (hey, it's my only chance), get half dressed, feed Gavin, change Gavin's diaper, Boedy pees on carpet again, situate Gavin, clean up pee and Boedy, finish getting dressed and forget about drying hair, make lunch (where did the morning go?!), and FINALLY get out to the store (my one errand). The afternoon was not much different. Did I mention that I never got a nap? If my husband says one more time that my life is a vacation, I think I am going to bop him on the head. Anyways, enjoy the pictures! I'll post some more later.
Posted by
leah
7 comments:
Oh leah!! I potty trained madi as soon as I brought tyce home from the hospital. I hope your experience goes better than mine did! Not that you are asking, but after 6 months of days like you described I finally followed a friends advice and set a timer and took madi to the bathroom every 15 minutes. I finally made progress. I don't know why everyone thinks potty training is so much cheaper than buying diapers. What you save on diapers you make up for in carpet cleaner and detergent. Also, mark tells me how easy my job is all the time ( I tell myself he is kidding just to keep our marriage intact).
I'm laughing so hard, I'm crying! (Not at you, of course.) Oh...the life of a new mom. I just gave up after a morning of Spencer's soggy undies & put him in a Pull-Up. Argh. No wonder he's not potty trained yet! I got the carpet cleaner for "Pet Stains" because I feel like I have a little Puppy sometimes. : D Good luck!!!
Congrats on the birth of Gavin. What a cutie. Hang in there with the day to day it does get easier.
Yea! I have been thinking about you a lot lately because i knew our due dates were fairly close. I'm so excited for you, though hopefully this craziness will pass quickly. It really is fun to have two, i promise! and he looks like a darling little guy.
yup, just one big LLLLOOONNNG vacation. fun to see pictures! hang in there!
awesome. congrats on the new baby. good luck with the potty training.
(p.s. I am kaia's sister from poway).
wish I could have been there with the rest of the gang this weekend for his blessing :( you never give yourself enough credit for how great a mom you are and how much you accomplish, so I'm sure things are going better than you describe, or at least your boys think life is great!
Post a Comment