Sunday, September 5, 2010 at 9:20 PM |  
I don't post anything without a picture much because usually I only post quick updates about the kids, but I just have to do a shout out about how much I love music. Lately and honestly I have been having some rough days where I feel like I am about to lose my sanity. I won't go into details but I have been craving time to myself to just BE MYSELF and get out of my mommy world of craziness. I have forcing myself to get up early before the kids wake up to go for a run lately because I want the quality exercise and I know the time to myself will help me get through the day, even if I am exhausted. Also, I've started to grocery shop without the kids on Friday night every other week, which at first I wasn't so thrilled about doing on a Friday, but wow, it has been nice to have that time to myself. So, one of my favorite things about both of these times is the driving part. I have LOVED getting in the car and turning up some of my old favorite tunes from college. At first I thought I was immature for letting myself go back to my college days (hey, they weren't THAT long ago) and feeling that freedom and carelessness as I sang along to some of my all time favorites. But, then, I thought, who cares! This music makes me feel great and young and free again...I know I am still a mom and have a lot of responsibilities, but it's ok to have some moments here and there when you can just be fun and care free! I love how music does that for me. It instantly puts me in a good mood and reminds me of the fun side I have and not to let that go. Also, it's nice to get annoying kid song tunes out of your head- you know, the ones your kids like to listen to or sing over and over every day that even when your kids are sleeping well at night, you are having trouble sleeping because that annoying song will just not stop repeating itself over and over in your head! Anyways, I guess that's all I have to say about that :)
Posted by leah

2 comments:

Jen said...

Good for you Leah! You deserve the break!

September 8, 2010 at 3:46 PM  
jamie said...

yes, i agree.

September 12, 2010 at 11:40 AM