Monday, October 4, 2010 at 9:12 PM |  
Never tell your kid about the tooth fairy until they lose a tooth. I don't know what I was thinking to try explaining in detail what the tooth fairy is all about to now 3 year old Boedy. Boedy has been waking up in the middle of the night with nightmares for the last 3 weeks....just about every night. What was I thinking when I decided to add another frightful fictional character to his run away imagination. He asks me every night now..."Mom, is the tooth fairy going to come tonight?" And this is not in a tone of excitement...more a tone of fear. I mean, the tooth fairy really does sound like a nightmare when you try to explain it- First, your teeth start falling out. Then, some fairy lady comes in the middle of the night while you are sleeping and snatches your tooth and sneaks something under your pillow. Sounds a little creepy really. I should've made the story different somehow when I told Boedy, but probably I should have said nothing at all.
Posted by leah

4 comments:

Katie said...

Kenley thought that was the WEIRDEST thing, too. She kept going, "So your TEETH fall out of your HEAD? And a fairy comes and gives you MONEY?"

It's one of those things that doesn't seem weird until you start saying it out loud!

October 5, 2010 at 8:49 PM  
Ms. Bananie said...

Oh no! That's so sad, but funny, but still sad for him. We just went to Disneyland this week & now, all of a sudden, Spencer's afraid of everything. Great. Just when I was thinking I'd be able to get a good night's sleep for a change.

October 6, 2010 at 5:51 PM  
jamie said...

how funny! poor guy. but really, how were you supposed to know he'd worry about it instead of thinking it was fun? lexi heard about the tooth fairy and now tells me that all her teeth are loose and are going to come out any day now. i think both things are annoying, but then again, i'm not having to get up in the middle of the night to deal with it like you are...

October 10, 2010 at 9:53 AM  
April said...

I think this is hilarious.Just don't tell him stories about his great grandpa Tippets. Yikes.

October 19, 2010 at 11:05 AM