Sunday, November 29, 2009
at
9:10 PM
|
The day after Thanksgiving we participated in another Fisher family tradition- packing up the leftover turkey and pie and heading to Palomar Mountain for a picnic. Wow, after hanging out in 80 degree weather the day before, I didn't think I needed to dress warmly for any reason. I was wrong. If it would have rained, it would have snowed that day. The second we stepped out of the car, we were freezing! I quickly ate my turkey sandwich and pie and then Boedy and I hung out in the car for a little bit to warm up with my sis-in-law while the boys played football. After a little while, the wind died down a little bit and Boedy and I enjoyed the outdoors a little more. We had fun watching the football game and Boedy loved huddling with and running after the boys as they played. He also had fun finding interesting sticks and leaves. When all of our fingers started to go numb, we decided to head back with a stop to the local mountain store and restaurant for some hot cocoa. That night I left Boedy with Toby and went with my mom and sister Laura to see New Moon. I wasn't too impressed. I'm a little embarassed that I raved so much about the first one because so far these movies aren't the best quality, yet I am still dying to see the next one when it comes out next year! Our Thanksgiving festivities ended the next day with more leftovers and game night with all the family. It was a fun week and I was sad to see it end...but I think I am ready to lay off on pie for a while. Just bring on the Christmas cookies! Yikes!




Posted by
leah
2 comments:
sniff sniff. i miss you guys. I love these pics of Boedy! I wish I saw the movie with you. I watched the whole thing with my face hidden in my sweatshirt because I was laughing so hard...especially when Jacob took off his shirt in slow mo with his hair blowing in the wind. Can you say Dark Fabio?
good times! i'm SO glad that you're able to spend some time with the fisher family. never a dull moment!
Post a Comment