I don't know how you all keep up with your blogs. I have lots to post, but I will start off with the latest for tonight and do the rest another night- so here's our Halloween: Boedy was a "Walking Alligator" (as he calls it) and I was the Alligator Hunter. I made his costume since I couldn't find hardly any alligator costumes in stores or online. I'm still a beginner sewer (probably always will be), so I opted not to make a full body costume. Instead, I just sewed a tail, some feet, and hands out of felt and made a mask out of foam. He seemed to like it although by Halloween night he didn't want to wear the mask anymore (of course). I was pleased with how it turned out, but the only thing that will make it for hand me down costume will probably be the tail. No chance the alligator hands will last since I just whipped those suckers out about 20 minutes before the trick-o-trunk party. he he ( I was feeling guilty that I didn't make him a fully body costume). Gavin was just a baby with a pumpkin hat- there really was more to his costume but we figured it wasn't really worth it since trick o trunk was during his bedtime and he would be more happy in his pj's. Toby was sick and was just a trooper to tag along- so no costume on his part (nice excuse Toby). I will post pumpkin patches and our trip to Disney Land next, so stay tuned!



Posted by
leah
5 comments:
So cute! Where did you get your costume?
It turned out so cute! I'm impressed!
Nice job Leah!! What a cute idea! It's the project that keeps on giving...I'm sure he'll love wearing it around the house.
LOVE that costume "duet" action you got goin' on! Super creative (and super cute!)
what a fun idea! and it looks great--i'm super impressed. and gavin looks a lot like toby in that picture.
Post a Comment