Saturday, November 13, 2010 at 9:39 PM |  
Here's a few pics from Disney Land. I regret that we didn't take more, and none have Gavin in them- probably because we were juggling Gavin and Boedy back and forth, and with all the excitement, we just forgot to take a lot of pics. We had a great time. I was really worried how Gavin would handle a long day with only the stroller for naps, but he did so great! I guess there was enough to distract him. Some highlights of the trip was Boedy loving the toon town roller coaster (surprised me!) and loving the Pirate Ride (he even sang "Yo ho, Yo ho" as we were on the ride) and meeting up with my brother's family ( A plus because we got fast passes to a coule of rides and took turns watching kids so we could go on some of the "big" rides...funny how Thunder Mountain doesn't seem so thrillinly fast anymore), running through the splash mountain non-existent line and getting completely DRENCHED with freezing cold water on a cold day(Oh, that's why no one was in line!. We had a blast and Boedy still talks about it- funny thing is, he mostly talks about the "Snow Monster" from the Matahorn ride, even though none of us went on it. Actually,let me rephrase that a bit, he CAN'T stop talking about the Snow Monster- he points to places and pictures in books every day and asks me "Is THAT were the Snow Monster lives?" And, if you ask him what his favorite ride at Disney Land was, he'll say "The SNOW MONSTER ride!" Again, we never went on it...just stood next to it to listen to the monster. He also likes me to pretend I am on the mathorn ride and to run past him as he pretends to be the Snow Monster and roars at me. I guess my pre Disney Land preview on You Tube really made a lasting impression on him. He is now officially obsessed with 3 things: 1. Lawn Mowers 2. Red 3. The Snow Monster- these 3 things come up in his conversations every day.
Anyways, Snow Monster or not, I hope we get to go again some time soon and re-live "the magic."


Posted by leah

2 comments:

Endless Days and Northern Nights said...

I think it's hilarious what kids become obsessed with. I'll trade you the snow monster for some princesses! I'm sick of them! So glad you had a fun trip together.

November 13, 2010 at 10:54 PM  
jamie said...

how did i not know that you guys went to disneyland? sounds like you had such a good time. you're brave for going with gavin. i wouldn't want to go because i'd think it would be too much work--good for you for going anyway since it sounded like it worked out well. so fun to hear how much fun boedy had.

November 14, 2010 at 9:05 PM