Tuesday, August 30, 2011 at 10:03 PM |  
This is now just about a month late, but that's about how long it takes to catch up after a vacation, right? We spent two weeks at the Jack Family beach house in Mission Beach at the beginning of August. We picked a great first week with lots of sun. Boedy and Gavin had a blast playing in the sand and water between the beach side and the bay side. Gavin LOVED the water and we could not keep him out of it- so not so much relaxtion for us parents, but lots of fun and great memories. We had a movie and popcorn night one night from which has resulted now in Boedy asking me EVERY night.."Mom, can I stay up a little bit?" We had smores, visited with Toby's grandparents, had friends come teach Toby to surf (which ended quickly after a sting ray got Toby's foot- great brag story for him), had Fisher family members come hang out, and ate lots of great food- all of the beach favorites. Boedy loved getting to ride his bike around everywhere and I LOVED getting to run on the beach or around the bay every day. I even ran barefoot on the sand a few times which resulted in blisters and sore calves after the first time- but the "freedom" it made me feel was all worth it, which is why I did it that way a couple more times. Toby had to work the second week, but would always join us again at night. I was a little worried how I would handle the boys myself that week with all the energy a sandy wide open space with water juggled with beach toys, beach bags, beach equipment, etc. takes, but it was totally doable on my own. I found myself thinking several times, " I could do this, live at the beach every day." The kids were totally entertained with the beautfiul sandy outdoors and for two whole weeks, Boedy hardly mentioned the infamous LAWN MOWER! Instead there was a lot of talk about the roller coaster on the board walk- we walked to it and watched it plenty of times. Of course, as we walked to the car to leave home after our 2 weeks was up I said to Boedy that I was so sad to leave the beach and would really miss "living" there. Boedy quickly replied "Yah, I'm sad too, but don't worry mom, when we get home I will take everyone for a ride on the lawn mower!" Ah sheesh!









Posted by leah

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh man that looks like sooo much fun! I wish we could have gone this year! It makes me nostalgic just thinking about it!

August 31, 2011 at 4:51 PM  
jamie said...

i could go for some beach right about now--you guys are so lucky! you look fabulous and i'm jealous that you got to go running on the beach! and yay for gavin!

September 4, 2011 at 7:26 PM